These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 11-19-2010   #21
xbeeps

Default Re: Castbars - Official Thread

That's not a latency queueing slider, and it doesn't affect the latency. The red zone shows the latency. How that relates to when you can cast another spell is another matter. The slider affects how soon before the global cooldown completes you can (attempt to) cast a new spell. It does not affect how soon before a spell cast ends you can cast a new spell (unless the spell cast time is shorter than or equal to the global cooldown, in which case the global cooldown becomes the dominating lockout).
xbeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010   #22
zohar101

Ahhh ok thanks for explaining. So installing
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Tolerance.html
shouldn't really affect the latency for spells with cast time at all.
But it might affect at what position of the spark (the gcd spark in castbars) i can spam my PW:S?
zohar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010   #23
xbeeps

yes, but keep in mind this is a client side setting. If you set it high (for example 400ms) and you attempt to cast a spell 300ms before the GCD completes (the spark reaches the end), and it takes the command only 200ms to reach the server (because of real-life network latency fluctuations), the server will reject the command, and you'll have to retry. Previously the client would simply not allow you to attempt send the command until the global cooldown was over.
Old 11-20-2010   #24
zohar101

Oh. Considering my latency is rarely above 50ms, the whole slider thing is probably better left at 0 and forgotten about it sounds like...
Thanks again for clearing this up
zohar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010   #25
duhwhat

I would suggest somehow "smoothing out" the GCD spark, that is to say, eliminating the sputtering that shows up while spamming spells with a cast time.
duhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010   #26
xbeeps

I don't know what you mean by that.
Old 11-30-2010   #27
anominous

Hi. Long time user, first time commenter.

I just updated from r113 to 2.50 and noticed a few changes that I'm not fond of (no offense. <3)

Borders of the cast bars are scaling directly with the bar height. This looks fine on my player cast bar which is fairly large but on the smaller bars the border is barely visible, very small and dark. The spell icon beside the cast bar no longer has a border. And the option to use the default cast bar colors is no longer available.

I hate to sound picky, but I liked to maintain the look and feel of the original cast bars but with the added features of a cast bar addon, and your Castbars addon was the only one out there that made this possible.
anominous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #28
xbeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by anominous View Post
Borders of the cast bars are scaling directly with the bar height. This looks fine on my player cast bar which is fairly large but on the smaller bars the border is barely visible, very small and dark.
This is a limitation of the textures. They are not designed for these small sizes, and they will start corrupting (if you look closer on the old version, you'll see that this is happening on the sides of the mirror timer bars and if you reduce the height of the player castbar below 24, it starts happening on that one too). The new version is designed to automatically adjust the size of the borders so that the texture never corrupts.

Quote:
The spell icon beside the cast bar no longer has a border.
The border which is actually part of the icon texture is deliberately removed to make it look cleaner regardless of which border is in use for the castbar itself.

Quote:
And the option to use the default cast bar colors is no longer available.
I removed that because it was becoming tedious to support it with the other changes, and i didn't think anyone would use it. I'm reluctant to bring it back, because i don't think there's a large crowd for this, and i don't want the options to become too cluttered.

Quote:
I hate to sound picky, but I liked to maintain the look and feel of the original cast bars but with the added features of a cast bar addon, and your Castbars addon was the only one out there that made this possible.
Apart from the colors that should still be possible (just select the right border and set the color/transparency of the border to max)! I'll consider adding in the default color option and perhaps the border on the icon.
Old 12-08-2010   #29
wintervictor

how can i set to click through the castbar? sometimes castbar appear when i click to change view. Thanks
wintervictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #30
xbeeps

Please post a ticket

Tags
cast, castbars, casting