These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 08-15-2010   #11
brimstone2

Default Re: Raven: Auras, Cooldowns and Notifications

Excellent addon and work on this Tomber. I love the customization and the fact that it can actually replace several addons I am using.

Only one thing that puts me off using it at the moment... I don't really care for bars and I only use icons. Yes I know I can only leave icon up but doing so I lose the timers (unless I am missing something really obvious here).

Again very nice work.
brimstone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #12
Tomber

Again, thanks for the feedback. I have been working on adding the features requested. You found the bar group attachment addition and there is now a "standard color" mode that can be set per bar group. I added ButtonFacade support (but highlighting doesn't work with all skins so it is off by default). I'm still actively testing these changes, which is why I held off on posting. The version I checked in tonight is getting close though. I'm still working on how Raven shares bar group settings between characters (the Link Layout feature is morphing into a more complete Link Settings feature).

As for the use of icon-only mode, it is possible currently to still see the timing numbers with just icons but setting it up is not obvious. Also, you can't see stack counts then since they are currently in the bar labels but I'll be moving the stack count to the icon soon. I'll test a couple approaches to simplify the setup--I can't even remember how to do it off the top of my head so clearly it needs some work.
Tomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #13
Tomber

I uploaded r22 to back out a part of the Link Settings change in r21 that caused timer options to be reset in bar groups that previously had Link Layouts enabled. If you loaded r21 then the standard bar groups can be repaired by going to the Setup tab, selecting the standard bar groups you are using, clicking Configure, and confirming the overwrite.
Old 08-16-2010   #14
Tomber

I played around a bit with icons-only and came up with these bar group settings:
Orientation = Vertical icon on top
Height = 25
Width = 35
Spark and Label disabled (don't turn off the bar itself)
Bar Texture and Background Texture = Empty
Spacing = 1
This yields a strip of icons with their remaining times underneath them.

I'll be looking at how to simplify setup for icons-only bar groups later this week. If you have any preferences for how they should look and work please let me know. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2010   #15
brimstone2

Thanks for the reply.

I had something with similar settings so as to make the bar "disappear"

I will play around with it some more and if something comes up I'll drop in a suggestion.

Thanks
brimstone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #16
Craxziz

Me again, not played around with colours on the latest version yet, but will do at somepoint tonight. However I have been playing with conditions and really like this feature! I've got it set up currently on my druid to show short cd spells as icons when they're available, to save having to glance at bars or indeed actions bars. Now I've managed to get them all working just fine, but I'm having trouble getting one to display swiftmend when it is off cd. The problem is unless regrowth or rejuv are rolling the action is greyed out on the action bar, and hence raven seems to still consider it on cd. Am I missing something with the conditions to get this to work?

Also I've been trying to set raven up to handle totem timers for my shammy and failed miserably, looking at the guts of the options it looks like I should be able to do this, but either I'm trying to over complicate things or being amazingly dense (either of which is a possibility!). Any help much appreciated.

And finally going back to icons, is there anyway of being able to individually change the alpha of them depending on conditions? Ie have them at full alpha when the ability is off cd for example but reduced alpha whilst cooling down? I can't see this anywhere atm, so it may be something that is a potential feature request? Though I guess I could do this with 2 bars that overlap each other exactly.
Craxziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #17
Tomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxziz View Post
I'm having trouble getting one to display swiftmend when it is off cd.
I've added an "Is Usable" option to the "Spell Ready" condition test. It defaults to true so it will be backward compatible. If you turn it off then it should do what you want (I tested it on my tree with Swiftmend). I will do more testing but it is a pretty isolated code change so I'm checking it in now for you.

With respect to totem timers, I am using the terrific TotemTimers addon on my shaman and haven't tried to replicate its functionality in Raven. I'll add it to my list to look at it though.

Also, I'll look at using icon alpha as an indicator when I work on icon-only modes later this week.
Old 08-16-2010   #18
Tomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxziz View Post
Whilst on the subject of potential feature requests, would it be possible to add an invert option to the sort by time remaining option for displaying bar order, just when you anchor two groups together and set one to grow up and the other down, they don't sort in the same direction.
Indeed that is a good idea. I have now generalized the sort order selection. You can chose between sort methods (alphabetical, time left, overall duration, class, and custom, with custom only for custom bar groups) plus you can select "Reverse Order" for any of them.

In keeping with making the usability test optional for the "Spell Ready" condition, I also made it optional for cooldown ready bars. These bars are an option for cooldown timer bars within custom bar groups, so you can now show ready bars even if a spell is not actually usable (as in the Swiftmend example).
Old 08-16-2010   #19
Craxziz

Thanks for the work on colours, timers and swiftmend; all seem to be working without any issues. And yes Totemtimers is an excellent mod, it's what I'm currently using for now.
Old 08-18-2010   #20
Craxziz

A few potential bugs I've discovered...

1. When two buffs share the same time, they sometimes appear to flicker as they swap places within the group when set to sort by time remaining. This is most easily replicated when eating health/mana food.

2. Occasionally in combat, and I can't easily replicate this the screen will fill up with bars. It seems to be linked to a bar group I have for displaying cds with 5 seconds or less remaining. As per screenshot below:

Last edited by Craxziz; 08-19-2010 at 01:59 PM.