These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 08-19-2010   #21
Tomber

Default Re: Raven: Auras, Cooldowns and Notifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxziz View Post
A few potential bugs I've discovered...
1. When two buffs share the same time, they sometimes appear to flicker as they swap places within the group when set to sort by time remaining. This is most easily replicated when eating health/mana food.
I have added this to my "look at and fix" list. I haven't noticed it myself but I can see how it can happen if the timers are very very close but not exact.

Quote:
2. Occasionally in combat, and I can't easily replicate this the screen will fill up with bars. It seems to be linked to a bar group I have for displaying cds with 5 seconds or less remaining.
Ah, you've discovered what happens when you are locked out of casting spells for some reason (in your example it looks like a snobold has done a Batter and interrupted spell casting for 5 seconds). Thank you Blizzard for treating spell interrupts like everything going on cooldown all at once! I was perplexed when this first happened to me in Raven but got used to it as a clear indication that I was interrupted. However, as an undocumented "feature" it will surprise all Raven users so I shall have to think about it some and see if there is a better way to display it.

Currently I am focused on the "icons only" mode. This will take me another few days to finish, I expect, since it is taking me deep into graphics library support.
Tomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #22
brimstone2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomber View Post
Currently I am focused on the "icons only" mode. This will take me another few days to finish, I expect, since it is taking me deep into graphics library support.
Good news for icon only freaks like me
brimstone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #23
Craxziz

Quote:
Ah, you've discovered what happens when you are locked out of casting spells for some reason (in your example it looks like a snobold has done a Batter and interrupted spell casting for 5 seconds). Thank you Blizzard for treating spell interrupts like everything going on cooldown all at once! I was perplexed when this first happened to me in Raven but got used to it as a clear indication that I was interrupted. However, as an undocumented "feature" it will surprise all Raven users so I shall have to think about it some and see if there is a better way to display it.

Interesting feature, though I had guessed as much... Whilst it's no biggie on most toons, take a stroll around as a dk and it's flipping annoying when your runes are on cd...

Looking forward to the icon only mode, just wondering whether that might include button facade support? Though that's me being overly anal about the only square icons on my ui
Craxziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #24
Tomber

Button facade support is a nice-to-have for the icons only mode. I'll add it to my feature request list but can't promise a timeframe.

I also have death knight support on my list at a fairly high priority level--it was mentioned in a ticket on the project page. I don't play a max level DK myself but I do have a level 60 sitting around after the "must do" starting quest chain so I can do some testing myself.
Old 08-23-2010   #25
Tomber

I have released version r30 with the new graphics package which I call Nest. Nest is optimized to display Raven's bar groups and contains support for icon-only configurations (although none are exported in this release). Briefly: bar groups share layout and appearance options (dimensions, fonts, textures, configuration, special effects) and contain bars. Each bar has a fixed set of graphical components (icon, foreground bar, background bar, spark, labelText, timeText, iconText) which can be combined in a variety of configurations.

I used the new version in a raid last night and I think it is worth downloading now. It should be backward compatible although you may have to set bar group configurations again on the Layout tab. It includes a number of minor bug fixes (e.g., it should fix the issue with two bars of similar time or duration flipping back and forth).
Old 08-23-2010   #26
Craxziz

Just had a very quick two minute play around with it and noticed an issue I don't think I've seen before.

I have two groups set up buffs, one for auras and a separate one for buffs that have duration. What I've noticed is sometimes buffs that have reached the end of their duration and now have a theoretical time remaining of 0, end up being briefly displayed on the aura bar that is setup for buffs with unlimited duration.
Old 08-23-2010   #27
durcyn

Quote:
Feel free to poke around the Heatsink school lockout code for this. I ended up having to pick a spell without a normal cooldown (the lowest level available, preferably) then check it first. Unfortunately, this means also keeping a list of the schools of all other spells that go on cooldown with a lockout, and associating them with that school. It is a pain in the ass.
durcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #28
Tomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by durcyn View Post
Feel free to poke around the Heatsink school lockout code for this. I ended up having to pick a spell without a normal cooldown (the lowest level available, preferably) then check it first. Unfortunately, this means also keeping a list of the schools of all other spells that go on cooldown with a lockout, and associating them with that school. It is a pain in the ass.
This is a great solution to the lockout problem. As you say, it is data intensive but, luckily, Blizzard doesn't change spell schools often and you've already done the hard part of gathering the info. I'm going to add this to the class preset tables in Raven and implement lockouts using your solution--thank you so much! BTW, did you find any good place to test this--any reasonably accessible mobs that do lockouts?

I'm also looking at Heatsink's code for trapping Death Knight rune cooldowns. It seems to just ignore any cooldowns with a 10 second duration if player is DK. Does this work even with Improved Unholy Presence (i.e., does GetSpellCooldown still return a 10 second duration)?
Old 08-23-2010   #29
Tomber

Quote:
I have two groups set up buffs, one for auras and a separate one for buffs that have duration. What I've noticed is sometimes buffs that have reached the end of their duration and now have a theoretical time remaining of 0, end up being briefly displayed on the aura bar that is setup for buffs with unlimited duration.
Okay, I see how this can happen. There is a window of opportunity just when a buff is about to expire for my code that tests for unlimited duration to fail. I have fixed it in my working version and will check it in after a bit more testing.

Last edited by Tomber; 08-23-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2010   #30
Craxziz

If it helps, and saves you doing too much research, Heatsinks lockout code works without any issues. I used for a long time a slightly hacked up version of Heatsink in my own ui.