These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 03-25-2011   #11
RKJ

Default Re: Gnosis Castbars - Official Thread

This thing is awesome! Thanks for such a cool Mod. Fire mage Living Bomb help needed. When I Impact a target with dots on it, the dot/dots go to nearby enemies. How can I set up bars (if possible) to show LB on more than one un-targeted/ un-focused enemy when this occurs? As of right now, I can't seem to see an option for this. I have it working great for a single target application. Thanks again.
RKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #12
Jakobud

I've added the ability to change the color of the castbar if it is interruptible. It was very easy and took only 10 minutes of messing with the code. Please feel free to include this code in the official Gnosis addon. I promise you that many will agree that the ability to change the color of the entire bar (and not just the border) for interruptible spells is an extremely helpful feature. And the code is so dead basic, I can't imagine why you would not add it.

Locale.lua Line 2315 add
Code:
Gnosis.L["OptCBCBColorInteruptible"] = "Castbar color (interruptible)"
Options.lua Line 1144 add
Code:
colBarIntGrp = Gnosis:OptColorGroup_Entry( key, self:GetNextTableIndexInner(), Gnosis.L["OptCBCBColorInterruptible"], "colBarInterruptible" ),
Variables.lua Line 283 add
Code:
colBarInterruptible = { 0.20, 0.30, 0.50, 0.70 },
Bars.lua Line 2060 add
Code:
cb.bar:SetStatusBarColor( unpack( cfg.colBarInterruptible ) );
Jakobud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #13
X-buZZ

@Jakobud: Thank you so much for this! This is really vital for me.
@elchefe: Please add this to the official release. This will make your Gnosis even more superior!
X-buZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #14
gi2k15

Couldn't make this fix work, waiting for an oficial fix then.
Old 04-05-2011   #15
elchefe

The current alpha (r175) seems to work very well (additions, major performance optimizations). If no problems pop up in the next day or two I'll upload it as the next release.
elchefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011   #16
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKJ View Post
This thing is awesome! Thanks for such a cool Mod. Fire mage Living Bomb help needed. When I Impact a target with dots on it, the dot/dots go to nearby enemies. How can I set up bars (if possible) to show LB on more than one un-targeted/ un-focused enemy when this occurs? As of right now, I can't seem to see an option for this. I have it working great for a single target application. Thanks again.
Gnosis is not the right addon for this task.

You need some sort of multi target dottimer. I'd personally try out a nameplate addon with buff/debuff support, e.g. TidyPlates or DocsNameplates.
Old 04-05-2011   #17
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobud View Post
Great addon! Very impressive so far...

Two questions/requests:

1. Is it possible to have the castbar be a different color if the cast is interruptible? I can see that you have the option to only make the border color different if it is interruptible. Is this a feature you would consider adding in? I ask because usually I turn off the border altogether. And the current castbar addon (called Castbars) is the only castbar addon I've been able to find that supports the changing of the castbar color for interruptible spells. But Gnosis appears far superior and I'd like to use it instead. I usually make interruptible spells yellow castbars and non-incorruptible grey. That way it is immediately obvious as to whether or not I can interrupt. I don't even really have to look at the castbar itself I just see the color and decide to interrupt or not. Would be nice if I didn't have to look for the little border color to see if I should interrupt or not.

2. I see that I can Save my configuration... But how do I use that configuration elsewhere? For example, I made a config I like for one of my characters. When I switch characters, there is no way to copy the config from the other character or choose from saved configurations. Have you considered using WowAce's profiles scheme? It works very well and makes it easy to copy/save profiles/configs from one character to another...
1. alpha r175 should work fine

2. Hiding character specific configurations from other chars is done so by design. Gnosis configuration can get really big, Making all of them visible to all chars means high (and unnecessary) memory consumption. (Some people care more about memory consumption and some don't, I just cannot make this right for everyone, I'll stick with the current design)

Still, no one stops you from saving configurations and loading them from other chars. You could also export single bars and import them on others.
Old 04-05-2011   #18
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister View Post
Thanks for the fixes for the zooming & static duration feature. I've setup a lot Gnosis-bars last weekend
Right now i've 3 multitimer bars (for a couple of targets) setup with:
Code:
Bar1: dot,mine,recast=3.0,staticdur=25,zoom=3:Devouring Plague
Bar2: dot,mine,recast=3.0,staticdur=25,zoom=5:Vampiric Touch
Bar3: dot,mine,recast=3.0,staticdur=25,zoom=3:Shadow Word: Pain
wich are working fine so far, but if i change staticdur to a value lower than 25 i would expect a different behavior:

Lets say i would change it on each bar to 12: By setting this i would expect bars with a duration left greater than 12 to stay full until the duration falls below 12.
In reality Gnosis shows these Bars like without the staticdur setting by setting their maxduration = debuffduration since all debuffs are lasting longer than 12 seconds. Is this working like intended?

However - i really love gnosis for the zoomfeature wich i haven't seen on any other barmod so far! Keep up the great work!
Fixed in one of the last alphas.
Old 04-05-2011   #19
Twister

Tested with the latest version (r175) and it doesn't seem to have changed. Still the same behavior i described in the posting you quoted.

Edit: I'm about to go to bed now - but i've seen that r176 mentioned changes to staticdur behaviour in it's changelog. I'm going to try this version later when the europeen servers are back.

Last edited by Twister; 04-06-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011   #20
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister View Post
Tested with the latest version (r175) and it doesn't seem to have changed. Still the same behavior i described in the posting you quoted.

Edit: I'm about to go to bed now - but i've seen that r176 mentioned changes to staticdur behaviour in it's changelog. I'm going to try this version later when the europeen servers are back.
I completely misread what you had written.

The old staticdur behaviour was to show at least the full duration. Though, the behaviour you were expecting makes more sense and has been implemented in v2.60. Have fun.