These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 04-21-2011   #21
Paksarra

Default Re: Gnosis Castbars - Official Thread

Hello. This is an excellent mod, and I'm enjoying it.

I do have a question: is there any way to only show spells that can be interrupted, short of blacklisting every uninterpretable spell in the game (or whitelisting every spell I may wish to interrupt?) Granted, showing all spells in a very obvious position instead of tucked underneath the enemy's health bar has been surprisingly useful, but it still might be handy.
Paksarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #22
Jakobud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paksarra View Post

I do have a question: is there any way to only show spells that can be interrupted, short of blacklisting every uninterpretable spell in the game (or whitelisting every spell I may wish to interrupt?) Granted, showing all spells in a very obvious position instead of tucked underneath the enemy's health bar has been surprisingly useful, but it still might be handy.
He recently added the ability to change the color of interruptible castbar spells vs non-interruptible. This makes it very easy to tell what spells can be interrupted.
Jakobud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #23
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paksarra View Post

That's exactly what black-/whitelisting is for. On top of that, what Jakobud said.
elchefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #24
Bellante

Hi there,

been trying to set up an enhancer cd bar-system, to replace Shockandawe, and I've hit a snag. I'm able to do everything I want to do, except track the remaining time left on my Searing Totem (the actual totem, not the debuff on the target, which is obviously easy). Is it possible to track totems with Gnosis, and if not, is it something that will be coming in the future?
Bellante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #25
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellante View Post
Hi there,

been trying to set up an enhancer cd bar-system, to replace Shockandawe, and I've hit a snag. I'm able to do everything I want to do, except track the remaining time left on my Searing Totem (the actual totem, not the debuff on the target, which is obviously easy). Is it possible to track totems with Gnosis, and if not, is it something that will be coming in the future?
Totem durations were clearly missing. Please check out the newest alpha if everything works correctly. The command is

totemdur,additional stuff:1 through 4

e.g. totemdur:1 (for the fire totem I guess)
Old 04-28-2011   #26
Bellante

Ye, hadn't even thought of it as simple as that, but the simple solution works best, thanks a lot
Bellante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #27
ElleynaX

Hey, I absolutely love the customizability of Gnosis, but there seems to be two things that I'm not able to make it do. I'm a hunter and as of late I've been having to trap in raids. The first thing I've been trying to figure out is how to make a bar for a trap's duration. The cooldown on traps is 30 seconds but the duration they hang out on the ground for is 60 seconds. I can't seem to get a bar to appear for 60 after a trap is dropped. The second thing I'd love to have (but am not hopeful there's a way to actually do it) is to make another bar for when a trap is triggered. I'd imagine for accurate results the trapped target would need to by my focus, but even if I could make a bar for the duration the trap is SUPPOSED to last, I'd be happy. Thanks a bunch, and keep it up with a great addon.
ElleynaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #28
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleynaX View Post
Hey, I absolutely love the customizability of Gnosis, but there seems to be two things that I'm not able to make it do. I'm a hunter and as of late I've been having to trap in raids. The first thing I've been trying to figure out is how to make a bar for a trap's duration. The cooldown on traps is 30 seconds but the duration they hang out on the ground for is 60 seconds. I can't seem to get a bar to appear for 60 after a trap is dropped. The second thing I'd love to have (but am not hopeful there's a way to actually do it) is to make another bar for when a trap is triggered. I'd imagine for accurate results the trapped target would need to by my focus, but even if I could make a bar for the duration the trap is SUPPOSED to last, I'd be happy. Thanks a bunch, and keep it up with a great addon.
Please open a ticket for the trap duration part. I currently don't know how to do it, but I'll look into it.

On your second part: If you focus the unit targeted by a trap you can always display the debuff the trap will probably apply. If a trap (or any other effect) is applied on a non-trackable unit (like player, target, focus, raidX, mouseover, ...) there is not much Gnosis can do. This would require extensive combat log parsing with additional tables of various (spell-)effects.
Old 06-15-2011   #29
Sunderwhere

Is there any way to set this addon up to track trinket/talent procs?

e.g. I'd like to have it track my Fury of Angerforge buff duration once I activate the trinket, and also to have it track my Colossus Smash or Enrage buff, if possible.

I'm just not very good at coding addons and have no idea if this is even possible, and if it is, I can not figure out how to tell Gnosis to do so.
Sunderwhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011   #30
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderwhere View Post
Is there any way to set this addon up to track trinket/talent procs?

e.g. I'd like to have it track my Fury of Angerforge buff duration once I activate the trinket, and also to have it track my Colossus Smash or Enrage buff, if possible.

I'm just not very good at coding addons and have no idea if this is even possible, and if it is, I can not figure out how to tell Gnosis to do so.
Those talents/trinkets "proc" normal buffs. Therefore it's easy to track them with Gnosis (using timer bars, not castbars obviously).

Colossus Smash cooldown:
cd : Colossus Smash

Colossus Smash buff duration:
buff : Colossus Smash

Show the trinket buff duration:
buff : buffname (buffname might be "Fury of Angerforge" or something else, just look up the buff's name when using the trinket).

Show the trinket cooldown:
itemcd : Fury of Angerforge

You'll find more information and examples inside Gnosis' description on curse/curseforge.