These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 09-03-2011   #11
Stanzilla
¯\_(?)_/¯

Default Re: Masque - Official Thread

You can fix most problems with addons not working with masque by renaming the ButtonFacade addon and it's toc file to !ButtonFacade so it really loads before anything else. Remember to adjust the dependency line in every skin you use though.
04:44:31 | IbanTheDeadly: ckknight are you Mark Gormley?
04:44:39 | ckknight: no, I'm ckknight
04:44:59 | ckknight: I wear cowboy hats and destroy vaginas
Stanzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #12
Tarmac

Hi

This does not work for me either with Bartender4. The last version of this that worked without problem had the following header:

--[[
Project.: Masque
File....: Core.lua
Version.: 356
Author..: Storm FX
]]

I still use this older version since every version after it has not worked with bartender4 for me and if anyone wants to download it until the current one is fixed, you can find it here:

<snip>

I tried prefixing the latest version with ! also as suggested by Stanzilla but that made no difference.

Last edited by Torhal; 09-05-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Link to unverified site.
Tarmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #13
Venoroco

Hi... Im currently using a couple addons. I have been using bartender and a a couple weeks ago I saw someone using buttonfacade and it looked good so I downloaded it. Was relatively simple to figure out, I enjoyed being able to completely change my bars to make them look good. Recently I saw a message saying Buttonfacade is no longer in development and I should install masque. Ignored it and kept going. For some reason I decided to download masque too which was really stupid because now everything is fucked over.

I have no idea if im not using masque right or what, but so far, this is a piece of shit. I cannot use the same skin I had used with Buttonfacade, I have no leeway in the masque options. Please someone explain this to me how to get back to what I had before.
Venoroco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #14
Phanx
Seal Cub Clubbing Club

Most likely the author(s) of the addon(s) and/or skin(s) you're trying to use have not yet been updated for the changes between ButtonFacade and Masque. The addon isn't "a piece of shit"; you're just doing it wrong. You don't need to update to the latest everything all the time. Stick with ButtonFacade until the rest of your addons actually support Masque.
Please don't PM me about addon bugs, requests, or code help. Post a comment, ticket, or thread instead!
Phanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #15
Venoroco

See thats the thing, I tried to go back to buttonfacade, but masque is like a disease. Its completely taken over and if I remove it it won't let me use buttonfacade. I have next to no flexibility in masque options and the choices look like shit
Venoroco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #16
gamemaster128

A disease; you've got to be kidding me... It is your own ignorance.

Delete the Masque and ButtonFacade folders within your AddOns folder. Download r344 of ButtonFacade and extract it into your AddOns folder.
gamemaster128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #17
StormFX
Amazing Member

Quote:
Recently I saw a message saying Buttonfacade is no longer in development and I should install masque.
No. Masque IS ButtonFacade, just with a different name.

Quote:
I have no idea if im not using masque right or what, but so far, this is a piece of shit.
Yep. This FREE piece of software that isn't working for you because you're doing something wrong is obviously a piece of shit.

Quote:
I cannot use the same skin I had used with Buttonfacade, I have no leeway in the masque options. Please someone explain this to me how to get back to what I had before.
Listen, it's simple: ButtonFacade was renamed to Masque. Add-ons and skins that support ButtonFacade have a line in their ToC files that tells them to load ButtonFacade first. Since ButtonFacade was renamed, I've included a new ButtonFacade add-on that loads Masque first. And since those add-ons tell ButtonFacade to load first, Masque gets loaded first. If the new ButtonFacade add-on isn't installed or disabled, any add-on that is alphabetically before Masque in the add-on list will NOT be skinnable.

That said, there's only three reasons that Masque won't do what ButtonFacade did/does:

1. You don't have the ButtonFacade add-on installed or enabled.
2. You don't have the Masque add-on installed or enabled.
3. Your installation went awry.

If you're using the Curse Client, simply downloading Masque will install BOTH add-ons correctly. At the character select screen, you need to make sure that BOTH are enabled in the add-on options window. (Click the button at the bottom left.)

If you're installing them manually, you need to extract the contents of the zip file to your add-ons folder, EXACTLY as it is. At the character select screen, you need to make sure that BOTH are enabled in the add-on options window. (Click the button at the bottom left.)

As a last resort, you can manually download this version of ButtonFacade, but be forewarned that as add-ons and skins update to the new API, they will NOT be backward-compatible.

Quote:
See thats the thing, I tried to go back to buttonfacade, but masque is like a disease.
Interesting analogy. If you're using Masque, you cannot revert to the old ButtonFacade. You will have to install it manually, using the link I mentioned above.

<breath>

I appreciate feedback because it lets me know what issues people are having. However, I've no tolerance for anything other than valid tickets and civil discussions.

If it really pisses you off so bad that you have to come into MY thread and run your mouth, you're more than welcome to stop using it altogether. I could care less either way.
StormFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #18
StormFX
Amazing Member

For the record, Masque is close to release. I'm just tidying up the default skins and correcting any last-minute issues.

Updated the FAQ to include the information on my previous post and added the FAQ to the project page.

Update; Waiting for some code to check for a possible issue with another add-on.

Last edited by StormFX; 09-18-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-07-2011   #19
Swinelover

Bartender4 is working in that I can load my buttonfacade skins and configure them how I want them. Bartender4 is not working with masque in that when I log off all my settings and skins are lost. Using a custom UI that looks retarded if some of my buttons aren't round. Solution: Loaded ButtonFacade release recommended above and don't plan to ever update to masque. Didn't see a buttonfacade or masque file in my WTF folder but since I deleted both addons and now my settings are saving properly I'm clearly looking in the wrong spot. I'll check back (or not) and see if skin authors need to implement something on their end or what the steezy is... Had my fill of modifying LUA files lately with Proculas. Thanks for the addon.
Swinelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #20
StormFX
Amazing Member

First of all, if you're using a "custom UI", you need to wait until the author of that UI pack updates his package. Authors of those UIs sometimes edit some of the files of the included add-on(s), which is why most authors don't offer support for their add-ons when included in a UI pack.

That said, if you've installed it correctly (removed the old ButtonFacade folder in your Interface/AddOns directory, installed both the Masque and ButtonFacade add-ons included in Masque's zip file and have them both enabled in the menu at the character select screen), then you should have no problems.

If you're absolutely sure that it's installed correctly and it's still not saving, then I'm not sure what the deal is. All I can suggest is to disable everything but Masque (and its ButtonFacade) and Bartender and see if the issue persists.