These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 10-08-2011   #21
Tarmac

Default Re: Masque - Official Thread

Hi

I still wasn't having any luck getting the latest versions of Masque working until a guildie suggested something to me just now to check and it worked!

*} When you uninstall Masque using the curse tool, you might still have buttonfacade folders from custom art styles left behind. The main (old) buttonfacade folder will be gone, but the art style buttonfacade folders may remain. Delete these.
*} Then download and install the latest Masque from curse tool or wherever you get your addons from.
*} Then load Masque options and pick bartender, tellmewhen etc from addon list and assign a new art style.
*} There you will see new Masque works now so go and download some new styles and stuff to try and match the old ones you had is your next challenge.

I have no idea why old art folders would affect the new stuff working, but well there ya go!

Thanks for the addon and your on-going work Storm.

Last edited by Tarmac; 10-08-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Tarmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #22
hammer2

Hello, I still must have buttonfacade addon installed in order that masque worked. Is this intended?
hammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #23
StormFX
Amazing Member

@Tarmac: Is there any way you could test to see which Skin package was causing the issue?

@Hammer2: The new ButtonFacade add-on is a replacement for the old ButtonFacade add-on that provides backward-compatibility. Short answer: Yes, but make sure it's the new one that's installed. It's included in the package and is automatically installed by the Curse Client.
StormFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #24
JT252

Hi not sure if this a new issue or not but just updated to the latest Masque via curse and now when i skin my buttons they look fine then I use them via keybind or mouseclick they stay round but now have an ugly box around them any ideas as its making my ui look awful

Last edited by JT252; 10-09-2011 at 08:40 PM.
JT252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #25
StormFX
Amazing Member

You using Macaroon?
Old 10-11-2011   #26
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Is the old LibButtonFacade API supported (from a button-provider point of view) and how long would it be supported ?

By the way, what is the better way to detect if Masque is installed ? Trying to get it using LibStub('Masque', true) then trying LibStub('LibButtonFacade-1.0') ?

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Adirelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011   #27
StormFX
Amazing Member

Originally, I had included the LBF support into Masque. After a little thought, I decided that since I have to include a new "ButtonFacade" add-on anyhow, I'd just put it all into the "ButtonFacade" add-on. The add-on itself is relatively small and for the foreseeable future, I can't see any reason to remove it from the package. In short: At this point in time, LBF support is there to stay.

And while technically, an add-on author doesn't have to update, Masque does now save the skin settings, so all of those extra API calls by the add-on just add overhead and use up unnecessary space in its SV file.

As far as checking for it, the best way is how you have it:

Code:
local MSQ = LibStub("Masque", true)

if not MSQ then return end
And just as a pointer, I see a lot of authors calling something like:

Code:
function MyAddOn:Method()
   -- do stuff
   local LBF = LibStub("LibButtonFacade")
   if LBF then
      -- do stuff
   end
end
Don't do that. If your sets of buttons (bars) are in separate files, use a local variable for the group. If not, use a do block or something.

You should also be able to keep your add-on compatible with LBF so that users who don't want to "switch" for whatever reason don't have issues. Just have two separate "skin support" files and at the top of the one for LBF, have it return if Masque is available.

Of course if you have any LBF-specific methods, you'll have do some magic there, but you know what I mean.

Also remember that if you change anything that Masque changes (Button size, etc), you have to call the group's ReSkin() method or it'll do weird stuff.

Last edited by StormFX; 10-11-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2011   #28
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormFX View Post
And just as a pointer, I see a lot of authors calling something like:

Code:
   -- do stuff
   local LBF = LibStub("LibButtonFacade")
   if LBF then
      -- do stuff
   end
end
Don't do that. If your sets of buttons (bars) are in separate files, use a local variable for the group. If not, use a do block or something.
I don't see the issue here.

Each time you hit your "copy" command with a block of code, think about a way to refactor it so it did what you want without using the "paste" command.
Old 10-12-2011   #29
StormFX
Amazing Member

Just a performance peeve. Of course, it wasn't necessarily directed at you, just saying for the sake of saying.

Something like:

Code:
local LBF = LibStub("LibButtonFacade", true)
-- do stuff
do
   local Group
   if LBF then
      Group = LBF:Group("Addon", "Group")
   end
      -- do stuff
      if Group then
         -- do stuff
      end
    end
end
Would make more sense.Pretty sure you know this, but it popped into my head as I was typing out my response so just kind of threw it in there.

Last edited by StormFX; 10-12-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-12-2011   #30
Adirelle
Legendary Member

Ah ok, actually, using the do block is the kind of code I use :

Code:
local LBF = LibStub("LibButtonFacade", true)
if LBF then
  local group = LBF:Group("Addon", "Group")
  function MyAddOn:SkinButton(button)
    -- Do fancy stuff with button and group
  end
else
  function MyAddOn:SkinButton() 
    -- No op
  end
end

Last edited by Adirelle; 10-12-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: That didn't make sense.