These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 11-07-2006   #21
Gamefaq

Default Re: Skinner (originally oSkin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jncl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal
Doesn't appear to work typing in EavesDrop.
Hi,

Corrected Addon Loading check to prevent ignored addons being skinned.

r 16242

Sorry, it was late, I was tired and didn't test it properly.

@ griddark - SpecialTalent is skinned

@ Anolin - you add the names of the addons that you don't want to be skinned
Your last change a few minutes before leads to this:

[2006/11/07 14:23:41-729]: Skinner\AddonFrames.lua:69: attempt to call global "checkAddOn"
Skinner\AddonFrames.lua:69: in function "event"
AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:422: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:402>
Gamefaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #22
Jncl
Amazing Member

Hi,

* Fixed bug, should test Addon name not "addonName" and call the new function correctly

* r 16243
Jncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #23
fleetfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyafro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anolin
My only complaint about oSkin and now Skinner is that the mod is trying to skin every other mod on the face of the planet without making it modular. Hell, the only thing I really use is the top and bottomframe :P
Indeed.. I'm still using a very old bottom frame that someone made when oSkin first appeared. Tried the full package and hated it

Hope it gets back to basics..
Is there anyway you could zip that up somewhere so i could download it, im having problems backtracking it on the svn to find a old enough version.
fleetfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #24
doggabone2

Try going through the steps detailed here: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=2056.0. Or you could use CT Viewport if you prefer.
doggabone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #25
Anolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkyafro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anolin
My only complaint about oSkin and now Skinner is that the mod is trying to skin every other mod on the face of the planet without making it modular.* Hell, the only thing I really use is the top and bottomframe :P
Indeed.. I'm still using a very old bottom frame that someone made when oSkin first appeared.* Tried the full package and hated it

Hope it gets back to basics..
Is there anyway you could zip that up somewhere so i could download it, im having problems backtracking it on the svn to find a old enough version.
How about 2 versions of skinner. 1 version is just the bottom and top frames with options for fadeheight and gradients, and the other version is for people who want to skin everything?

~Anolin
Anolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #26
Scae

Quote:
How about 2 versions of skinner. 1 version is just the bottom and top frames with options for fadeheight and gradients, and the other version is for people who want to skin everything?

~Anolin
Can't you just disable every skin? they all seem to have on/off options attached to each frame....
Scae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #27
Anolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scae
Quote:
How about 2 versions of skinner.* 1 version is just the bottom and top frames with options for fadeheight and gradients, and the other version is for people who want to skin everything?

~Anolin
Can't you just disable every skin? they all seem to have on/off options attached to each frame....
Yes, I already have. But that doesn't change all the code I'm loading up that's not being used...
Old 11-08-2006   #28
vidarc

Get this error on login

Code:
[2006/11/07 17:37:34-312]: Skinner\AOElements.lua:807: attempt to index field "AuctionFrame"
<in C code>: ?
Skinner\AOElements.lua:807: in function "Auctioneer"
Skinner\AddonFrames.lua:104: in function "event"
AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:422: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:402>
vidarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #29
Scae

Quote:
Yes, I already have. But that doesn't change all the code I'm loading up that's not being used...
Fair point. Didn't think of that. Perhaps oskin could be split up into a more modular design (perhaps using multiple folders; top/bottom frame, core skins, addon skins).
Scae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006   #30
Anolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scae
Quote:
Yes, I already have.* But that doesn't change all the code I'm loading up that's not being used...
Fair point. Didn't think of that. Perhaps oskin could be split up into a more modular design (perhaps using multiple folders; top/bottom frame, core skins, addon skins).
That would be the ideal solution