These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Addon Chat > Frameworks
Frameworks Framework Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2007   #21
Tekkub
Tanuki

Default Re: Rock + Ace3

No, mod devs will pick the framework they like (most likely due to political reasons, from what I've seen). I was answering the question of what devs ale on each framework, not what devs will be using each :P
Old 09-08-2007   #22
Aestil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkub
No, mod devs will pick the framework they like (most likely due to political reasons, from what I've seen). I was answering the question of what devs ale on each framework, not what devs will be using each :P
I really wish there was a condensed explanation with what is different between Ace3 and Rock.

It appears maybe that the Rock core lib is bigger and inlcudes certain things that Ckk feels almost all addon's need to use anyways, and Ace3 dev's are spliting those core things into smaller libs for greater flexibility and a smaller 'core' footprint?
Old 09-08-2007   #23
OrionShock
Legendary Member

ck writes for himself.. and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Rock's core libs are designed arround what he wants them to do, what any "major" addon that would need a framework would use.

to sorta quote the wiki:

Quote:
Big addons can do more with less code using a Framework, small addons can do what they want with less code, without using a Framework.
only reason you would use Rock / Ace3 / Dongle is because it you need it, and for no other reason.

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.
Old 09-08-2007   #24
Zizek

Wait so like...

Can someone do a Rock port of all the Ace3 mods? plz? I know Rock is like way more memory affishint, and like, ckk is the best so can someone do a port? I don't want to use non-rock mods because of the memories and because they won't work with the Rock mods.

Thanks
><
Old 09-08-2007   #25
JaedxRapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
Wait so like...

Can someone do a Rock port of all the Ace3 mods? plz? I know Rock is like way more memory affishint, and like, ckk is the best so can someone do a port? I don't want to use non-rock mods because of the memories and because they won't work with the Rock mods.

Thanks
><
Needs more emotes in there. I honestly thought you were serious for a minute. (You aren't, are you? =P)
Old 09-08-2007   #26
OrionShock
Legendary Member

Quote:
Wait so like...

Thanks
><
go die in a fire please.

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Make_it_A..._Ace_is_NOT.3F

replace ace with the fad of your choice.

"I was there in the beginning... and things were very different back then" --An Echo from a time before.
Old 09-08-2007   #27
funkydude
Administrator

Quote:
Wait so like...

Thanks
><
Let us devs do the addon building thanks, you can stick to UI building and trying to get a shred of popularity from our addons.
Old 09-08-2007   #28
Purity

Quote:
Wait so like...

Thanks
><
I laughed out loud...I thought this was a joke.(A dry one for sure.) It <i>must</i> be...seriously... not for real. If it's not....ugh. I can only imagine if I was an author of mods this guy used...I would just feel all dirty inside.
Old 09-08-2007   #29
Sleepie

People are so touchy. Internet sarcasm doesn't translate well and all, but that "affishint" business gives it away. lulz.
Old 09-08-2007   #30
Zizek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkydude
Let us devs do the addon building thanks, you can stick to UI building and trying to get a shred of popularity from our addons.
Woah there, captain hostility. I thought it was pretty obvious that I was joking...
Closed Thread