These forums are in read-only mode. Please see this news post for more information.

New forums can be found here

Go Back   WowAce Forums > Addon Chat > Frameworks
Frameworks Framework Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007   #21
Tekkub
Tanuki

Default Re: Rock/Ace3 - Regarding drama and functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokale
Okay... fine... users aren't entitled to express their opinions free of useless ridicule.

We don't really deserve common decency or respect. You do all the work, true.

You aren't obligated to be nice... hell you can even be an ass and troll a thread made to address recent drama.

Things just used to be different here. This place reminds me of the WoW forums more and more these days.
Stop throwing around the words "entitled" and "obligated" and you'll find people will be at least a small degree nicer. I don't think my first reply was in any way mean... I certainly didn't get annoyed until you started saying we were obligated to do things.
Old 09-17-2007   #22
JaedxRapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckknight
Um, I'm not sure what's happening. Do I need to give you my address again? Cause, I mean, I didn't get my paycheck last Friday for making mods for you. If you want to make sure that I fulfill all the features you want, you gotta remember to pay me on time.

Note: that was satire, but meant to drive the point across.
You can only claim satire if you didn't ask for donations everywhere.
And he hits below the belt!
Old 09-17-2007   #23
Mokale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokale
Okay... fine... users aren't entitled to express their opinions free of useless ridicule.

We don't really deserve common decency or respect. You do all the work, true.

You aren't obligated to be nice... hell you can even be an ass and troll a thread made to address recent drama.

Things just used to be different here. This place reminds me of the WoW forums more and more these days.
Stop throwing around the words "entitled" and "obligated" and you'll find people will be at least a small degree nicer. I don't think my first reply was in any way mean... I certainly didn't get annoyed until you started saying we were obligated to do things.

Everybody in this community is entitled to their opinion.

Everybody in this community is obligated to treat each other with respect.

That was the point.
Old 09-17-2007   #24
st0nedpenguin

It's surprising how much less "drama" this whole thing would be causing if people were capable of just making a post calmly stating that they're not fans of the new config system and would like an alternative if at all possible.

But apparently the preferred option is to rant about how much the new config system sucks and how this is ugly and how that is crap.

Is it any surprise the replies from authors are sometimes a tad curt?
Old 09-17-2007   #25
Aestil

Quote:
Quote:
Um, I'm not sure what's happening. Do I need to give you my address again? Cause, I mean, I didn't get my paycheck last Friday for making mods for you. If you want to make sure that I fulfill all the features you want, you gotta remember to pay me on time.

The irony [thats what satire is] is that this guy is saying devs have an obligation, but ckk points out, that he has not been 'hired' [he does this using sarcasm] and therefore the 'irony' is that the guy who is calling devs 'obligated' has not really supported the development of any ckk addons. therefore, ironic that he's making some demands.

Old 09-17-2007   #26
shadowed2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaedxRapture
Quote:
Quote:

I simply state a fact.

1) WoWAce sig (Right under his post saying it was satire)
2) Offical WoW forums sig
3) Around 10 addons on WoWInterface, right at the top
4) Along with a nice large donate button in each mod through a TOC meta data field

Quote:
It's surprising how much less "drama" this whole thing would be causing if people were capable of just making a post calmly stating that they're not fans of the new config system and would like an alternative if at all possible.
Theres a couple, Waterfall, OptionHouse and isn't there a Sea one too? If you don't like the configuration don't use the mod or get someone to make a converter.
Old 09-17-2007   #27
Aestil

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I simply state a fact.

4) Along with a nice large donate button in each mod through a TOC meta data field
sorry, but its actually more ironic, and obviously sarcastic, since it is so easy to make donations. although still, donations wouldn't obligate the dev, since they are just.... donations.

you sound very bitter, or offended. would you like me to paypal you 1 dollar to make you feel better?
Old 09-17-2007   #28
shadowed2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestil
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I simply state a fact.

sorry, but its actually more ironic, and obviously sarcastic, since it is so easy to make donations. although still, donations wouldn't obligate the dev, since they are just.... donations.

you sound very bitter, or offended. would you like me to paypal you 1 dollar to make you feel better?

Sure, tom.wieland AT gmail DOT com
Old 09-17-2007   #29
Mokale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestil
Quote:
Quote:

The irony [thats what satire is] is that this guy is saying devs have an obligation, but ckk points out, that he has not been 'hired' [he does this using sarcasm] and therefore the 'irony' is that the guy who is calling devs 'obligated' has not really supported the development of any ckk addons. therefore, ironic that he's making some demands.

Ckk was saying that you don't need to pay him to develop his addons. He can actually treat you with respect whether or not you "pay him on time". He probably enjoys doing what he does. I know its crazy.
Old 09-17-2007   #30
Tekkub
Tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0nedpenguin

But apparently the preferred option is to rant about how much the new config system sucks and how this is ugly and how that is crap.

Is it any surprise the replies from authors are sometimes a tad curt?
Ding! Hit it on the head. The very first post gave it's feedback in a negative manner... "garbage". Saying you don't like the new whatever is one thing, but giving your feedback in a negative fashion and then getting mad that people aren't interested in your opinion...

Devs aren't obligated to do jack for you, so if you want to get them to give real consideration to your thought it's better to say things nicely and even provide alternative designs. "It looks like crap" will just get you ignored... "I don't like this part, it's hard to work with. Why not give us this instead, it would be much more intuitive" will at least get some consideration.
Closed Thread